Sunday, March 09, 2008

The Spread of Insanity

Sometimes even semi-capable people are susceptible to moments of momentary retardation.  Yesterday a woman from the dental centre told me that one of their receptionists was having a baby. Her name was R-something, for some reason it didn't really sink in. Later, a spherically inclined woman came up with Ruvani on her name tag and I jumped the gun to ask if she was the one having a baby. She gave me this awfully self-conscious look and started tugging down her sweater. At that moment I clued in that her name tag said she worked for CAA. Not the dentist. And then I had to ramble about how, oh of course, she wasn't the one I heard about, no she doesn't even look pregnant, that's why I asked first because she doesn't look like she's going to have a baby... She doesn't think so either, that's why she keeps pulling her sweater down. Aaaagh....

No comments: