Monday, March 10, 2008

NoFX At the Myth

So, it is the morning after one of the better punk shows I have ever attended. The show was at the Myth in Maplewood Minnesota, which is a brand new venue in a suburban mall type setting. I should have taken some pictures.

It all started out trying to find somewhere to park in the Myth parking lot. I got there about 2 hrs after the doors opened, and about 1.5 hrs before nofx played, so I thought I wouldn't have any trouble parking. Oh man I was wrong. All of the businesses close to the myth had no parking for non customers signs. fuck them. like anyone is going to go to toys r us at 11pm. bastards. I ended up parking across the street by macy's in the maplewood mall parking lot. About 1/2 mile away.

I got in there, and the lights were flashing blue. high bass music playing. I had a little time to kill so I did some observing. What the fuck is this. there were tons of couples there. they looked like they were early high school. Who goes on a date to a punk show. thats just dumb.

Another obervation: a ton of kids had jewfros. You know, white kids with curly assed long hair. A lof of those kids had knit caps. I thought that was a fad 15 years ago. I guess it is coming back.

No use for a name played. they were good. the pit was lively. They finished. people cleared out from the pit to take a rest. there was another break. I got beer spilled on me a couple times. douchebags.

Nofx came on stage. They played str8 Edge first. it was funny cause they were trashed lol. anyways then they played dinosaurs will die, which owned. Then the decline.

Everyone in the audience knew all the lyrics to all the songs, which was kinda cool, but also kind of annoying since everyone was singing to every song.

well anyways, it was a fun time, even though it screwed up my sleeping for the entire week.

Oh ya, fat mike pooped his pants. they had to take a 10 min break cause he had to change his drawers.

No comments: