Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Vista Blows Ass

So the wife and I just got a new laptop, A dell xps. It really is a decent machine, but with a piss poor operating system.

We got it home about the time I had knee surgery 3 weeks ago, fired it up, waited, waited, waited. FINALLY the god damn thing booted up. I tried to keep it up as long as I could, but the battery only last so long.

The next day I tried to make it faster by shutting off all of the bullshit services that load in vista automatically, and it made it a bit faster. However, I must have shut something off that had to deal with sound, because sound didn't work for a while til the wife turned sound services back on.

Could you imagine if some newb ass user bought this laptop and tried to use it. Chaos and Anarchy would ensue.

My OS of choice right now is Ubuntu Linux. It is really easy to use, I really don't like messing with a lot of stuff with computers to get them to work the way I want to. I will do it, but it is not my favorite thing to do. Ubuntu, right out of the box, did what I wanted it to do. Browse the web, Ipod, play music, chat. It runs very fast on my 4 year old machine (or is it 5).

No comments: